Installing an APK with an OBB (Opaque Binary Blob) file is a common method for distributing Android apps that have large additional data files. Here’s how you can install such an APK with its OBB file:
- Download the APK and OBB files:
- First, make sure you have both the APK file and the OBB file. The APK file is the app itself, while the OBB file contains additional data like graphics, maps, or other assets.
- Install the APK:
- Locate the APK file on your Android device. You can do this through a file manager app or by downloading the APK using a web browser.
- Tap on the APK file. Depending on your device’s settings, you might need to enable “Install from unknown sources” if you haven’t already. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the APK.
- Create the OBB folder:
- You need to create a directory for the OBB file manually. To do this, open your device’s file manager or use a dedicated file manager app.
- Navigate to the root directory of your device’s storage or the external SD card (whichever you prefer to use).
- Create a folder structure:
- Inside the root directory of your storage, create a folder named “Android” (if it doesn’t already exist).
- Inside the “Android” folder, create another folder named “OBB” (all lowercase).
- Copy the OBB file:
- Move or copy the OBB file you downloaded into the “obb” folder you just created. Be sure the OBB file has the correct name and is in the right subfolder. The path should look like this: Android/obb/com.example.appname/main.obb. Replace “com.example.appname” with the package name of the app you’re installing.
- Launch the app:
- Once the APK is installed and the OBB file is in the correct location, you can launch the app like any other installed app.
Keep in mind that some apps may require a network connection to verify the OBB file after installation. Ensure you have a stable internet connection during the installation and the first launch of the app.
Please be aware that downloading and installing APK files from unofficial sources can pose security risks. Make sure to only download and install apps from trusted sources to protect your device and data.
- How to Edit Thumbnail Series with Remini - November 2, 2023
- How to Design a Card for a Happy Valentines Day Boyfriend with Remini - November 2, 2023
- How Easy Pop Art is Possible with Remini: Unveiling the Creative Process - November 2, 2023